The Westerville Symphony seeks a creative, diligent, and energetic professional to serve as Executive Director. The Executive Director is the principal administrator of Symphony operations. The Executive Director carries out day-to-day administrative duties, as well as manages other staff and volunteers to achieve the long-and short-term goals of the Symphony. Individuals who are interested are encouraged to apply by sending a CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION SUMMARY The Executive Director is the principal administrator of Symphony operations. The Executive Director carries out day-to-day administrative duties, as well as manages other staff and volunteers to achieve the long-and short-term goals of the Symphony. Executive Director works with the various Symphony constituencies to implement the strategic plan of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Executive Director shall:
- Establish and maintain all communication channels between the Executive Committee, Board of Trustees, Music Director, staff, musicians and volunteers.
- Participate in all Executive Committee and Board meetings providing detailed information and support.
- Recommend policy and procedures that will enhance the organization’s mission and goals.
- In collaboration with Otterbein Liaison, Music Department Chairperson, coordinate performance calendar and work with Otterbein administration, faculty and students in all aspects of Orchestra-University partnership.
- Maintain all symphony records: performances, fundraisers, events and participants.
- Manage and write grant applications and follow reporting processes.
- Supervise and maintain Symphony database: contacts, subscribers, contributors and sponsors.
- Participate with Board Members in community activities and with organizations to develop and strengthen relationships that promote the Symphony’s Mission, serve stakeholders and raise funds.
- Network with Westerville Chamber of Commerce to strengthen business relationships.
- Establish and maintain membership in the League of American Orchestras and/or Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Development, will develop relationships with corporate partners to strengthen the symphony’s financial well-being and raise financial support.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Finance, will prepare annual budget.
- In collaboration with the Board Executive Committee, will manage symphony resources to control costs and impact efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Executive Committee on symphony’s budget and monies management
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing, develop and direct Symphony’s marketing materials production: programs, flyers, brochures, website updates, press releases, newsletters, electronic and social media, letters, annual reports, patron notes.
- Keep stakeholders, corporate partners, subscribers, volunteers, and orchestra personnel informed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For full job description please visit: